Monday, September 15, 2008

Happy 50th Dad!!!


My Dad's favorite place


PAPA DAN

It seems like just yesterday I was baking my dad "Welcome Home" cakes weekly from all of his business trips. My dad is 50? Most of my friends dads are way past 50 now. I am the oldest though and in keeping true to Mormon traditions my Dad got started pretty early.
Sometimes he refers to himself as, "The Legend". Us four kids just call him dad. Although I do remember a short rebellious phase I went through in junior high where Itold hm I would now be calling him, "Dan". I was simply too mature for such a word as dad. I wish so bad that I would have saved the two page poem my dad wrote to me explaining why he would really like to be called DAD and how proud he was to be my dad. Although My dad can ride dirt bikes, fix anything do all sorts of crazy things on his boat, he also knows how to be so sensitive when dealing with everybody. He has that special talent of making whoever he's talking to feel like the only person in the room. Trust me, he can talk to anyone about anything. I love you dad....

IN KEEPING WITH TRADITION, HERE ARE A FEW RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MY DAD

1. once upon a time he could barefoot water ski
2. He's a political warrior!!!! In a "Rush is Right" sort of way
3. When I was younger and he didn't approve of my out fit he would say, "Go upstairs and try again, KELLY BUNDY!
4. He's made more barbecue chicken than any other man on the planet
5. when we were little he would take us on a special date of Go Cart racing and dinner. We got to choose the restaurant and wear an overly dressy church dress for the occasion.
6. He actually conducts "Family Meetings" and you thought that was only on sitcoms.
7. Some of his famous lectures are titled.... BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND, PISS POOR PLANNING CREATES PISS POOR RESULTS, EVEN IF YOU BECOME A JANITOR BE THE BEST ONE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD, I KNOW WHAT BOYS WANT, THE PERILS OF INSTANT GRATIFICATION, LIFE IS A TERMINAL DISEASE, FIREMAN ARE LAZY MEN WITH TOO MANY DAYS OFF TO HIT ON OTHER PEOPLES WIVES AT THE GYM, BEWARE OF MEN WHO COLLECT TRAINS, ALL WOMEN ARE ATTENTION WHORES, I could go on for days.......
8. He's a self educated man with more knowledge than most with a PHD
9. My first job was rubbing his feet for money. As I got older and perfected my skills he would pay me a dollar a minute.
10. He is the coolest dad around, and I am soooo glad he's mine.

No comments: