Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fred's dead...

Cinderella and and her proud new papa
Little Miss Ivy is the biggest daddy's girl

Our deadly frog Fred, finally went to heaven the other day. Poor Jaxon took it harder than I thought he would. This is the first time I have had to try and explain death, heaven, spirit, etc to my four year old. The conversation went something like this, "Mom, if Fred is really in heaven how come he's still in his cage looking like a dead frog"?...... Well his body is still there but his spirit is in heaven...... "Is he being nice to heavenly father"?........ I sure hope so jaxon! I think he's probably hopping all around with lots of his frog buddies eating lots of grasshoppers........"OK mom, Where's the shovel, so I can throw him in a hole and sing him a sad song".
Ever since the death of Fred he has been on me about having a bunny that lives in his room. I caved in to today and we brought home our new little carson and named her Cinderella! She really is trained to go in the litter box. Who knew bunnies were so smart? I, on the other hand had my own hidden agenda for purchasing our sweet little Cinderella today. What could be than luckier than a rabbit's foot than a real live one that lives in Jaxon's room? It just so happens that the pet store in town is connected to the liquor store that sells power ball tickets.... When I win that rabbit will have the best carrots money can buy. I'll fly them in fresh daily from wherever good carrot's come from!!! Good luck powerballers...

1 comment:

Calyn said...

I can't believe you already caved in to the bunny. Who thought of her name??